Mac Preview Application:
- Open a PDF in Preview.
- Choose View > Thumbnails to show page thumbnails in the sidebar.
- To indicate where to insert the other document, select a page thumbnail.
- Choose Edit > Insert > Page from File,* select the PDFs that you want to add, then click Open.
- To save, choose File > Export as PDF.
In Adobe Acrobat DC:
- Open Acrobat DC to combine files
- Open the Tools tab and select "Combine files."
- Add files: Click "Add Files" and select the files you want to include in your PDF. You can merge PDFs or a mix of PDF documents and other files.
- Arrange and delete content: Click, drag, and drop to reorder files or press "Delete" to remove any content you don't want.
- Combine files: When you're finished arranging, click "Combine Files".
- Save as a PDF file: Name your file and click the "Save" button. That's it.
In Adobe Acrobat Pro:
- Go to “File”, select “Create”, then select “Combine Files into a Single PDF…”
- A new window will open, titled “Combine Files”.
- Click “Add Files…”, located in the top left corner of the window. Select “Add Files” to add specific files, or select “Add Folder” to add all the files in a specific folder.
- A new window will open, titled “Add Files”.
- Select the files you would like to use. You can select several files at once by holding down the Ctrl key while clicking. Click “Open” when you have selected all the files you want.
- To add more files, click “Add Files…” and follow the instructions in the previous step.
- When you are done adding files, you can organize the order in which the files will be placed in your PDF. Select a specific file in the Combine Files window, and click:
- “Move Up” to place it earlier in the PDF
- “Move Down” to place it later in the PDF
- “Choose Pages” to only use certain pages in the file for the PDF
- “Remove” if you do not wish to include the file in the PDF
- When all the files are in the desired order, click “Combine Files”, located on the lower right corner of the Combine Files window.
- A status bar will appear at the top of the window, indicating the progress of the PDF creation. When the PDF is done, it will automatically open.
- Name and Save the new PDF. By default the new PDF will be titled “Binder1.pdf”. You can keep this name, or name it something that more accurately describes the content of the PDF.