Setting up a business PayPal account enables your business to take payments for products and services without having to pay for an expensive merchant account. Your business can also take credit card and debit card payments, online check payments and direct payments from customers' personal PayPal accounts.
The following steps will take you through the process of creating a business account.
NOTE: PAYPAL MANY TIMES REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING AT SOME POINT IN THE PROCESS.
This part can be confusing, because PayPal will many times require you to either select an integrated shopping cart to use or create a button to use. The easiest way to proceed is to create a product button. PLEASE NOTE: This button will not be used, but PayPal requires you to create one. Personally, we suggest making a button named "Sample" with a price of $1. Once completed, you can honestly forget about the button, as we will not need it at any time.
- Visit www.PayPal.com and click "Sign Up."
- Enter the requested information. The process requests the new PayPal account owner's name, address, email address, business address and business customer service contact information. Once all requested information is completed, submit the form.
- Open your email and check for new messages. Look for the verification email from PayPal. This notification normally arrives within minutes, and is required to open your account.
- Log into PayPal and follow the remaining instructions that require you to enter your bank account information. You can set up a business PayPal account with either a personal or business bank account. Enter the name of your bank along with the personal or business account number and routing number as instructed. PayPal will then send a verification request to your bank in the form of two small deposits. It normally takes three to five days for the verification process to complete.
- Check your personal or business bank account transactions three to five days after setting up the PayPal account. Once you see two deposits from PayPal, you can finish setting up your account.
- Log into your PayPal account and follow the instructions to finish verifying your personal or business bank account information. PayPal will then tell you your new PayPal account set up is complete, and ask you to choose your preferred business payment method. You will also be able to set up other business-related features, such as requesting a debit MasterCard, or setting up an online shopping system.
At this point, your PayPal account is active and ready for integration on your website. When using PayPal as your payment processor, Surf New Media will only need the email address assocaited with your PayPal account to integrate the payment system within your site. Do NOT send passwords!
Security Note: When recieving an email from PayPal, please note who the email is addressed to. PayPal will always start the email with your name. If your email address is used, please do not click on any links in the email. For more information on online security, please visit https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security